Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dataform wizard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannG

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
RO
Hy,
I tried to use the dataform wizard to create a simple form that Updating , deleting some records for me. With update and delete works fine but with the adding is not the same story.
The navigation label show me that there is another record created but I'm still in the same record and I cannot acces the newly created record to edit it. The table is a "master tabele" for other tables and has few rows that doesn't allow null, and a column with autoincrement. Simple. I tried the SQLdataAdapter, same efect. I tried The same example on northwind but here works fine. The NW is the SQlServer version.
Where is the problem?
The problem appear with the collumn with autoincrement?
If this is the problem how do I solve it? I tried to change the autoincrement thing and to recreate the form and dataset but still not working.
Any ideas?

I tried to create by my self a form with Nw model in my mind with the same access and adding schema.
It's not working!
The only method that is working is to create a row with the default values and then add this row to the dataset. Then I pointed to this record and edit it. This seems to work but I have the same Q: The autogenerated code is far more simple and work. How?
thanks
dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back