Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DataContol to access multiple forms (tables)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omono

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have an inventory access db for which I am creating VB user forms. The main form consists of a number of DBCombo boxes in conjunction with DataControls, successfully retrieve data from other tables. One combobox on the main form is “PlaceofPurchase”. On the main form this box is bound to a datacontrol that gets the name of the retailer from the retailer table. Of course, the retailer changes with each record.

What I want to do now is to add a sub form, called by a command button that will give the address (RetailerAddress table) of the retailer shown on the main form. Again I am trying to use DataControls to get the appropriate information. I cannot get the data shown on the address subform to synchronize with the Retailer shown on the main form. Regardless of the retailer shown on the main form, the address subform displays the first record in the RetailerAddress table. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back