Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database wont let me access table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmatlock

Technical User
Aug 27, 2001
US
I inherited a database that was configured with nice forms. Now I need to get into the table to extract data in a new way. Any time I try to query or open it I get a message that says I don’t have access. I understand that it was build to be accessed only through the forms that are already done. How do I get past this design feature? It isn’t asking for a password or anything.

Thanks alot for your help.

If this is done with the Access security system you will be logging into system at the opening of the database.
If this is the case you could look in Tools/SEcurity and have a look at the tables to see who is the Owner and what priveleges the various groups and users have to these.

If you can make queries you should be able to extract data from the tables via the query builder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back