Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2002
CA
I have an asp script that updates an Access table using the following as the source for feild and data values:

MM_fieldsStr = "EVE_TYPE|value|EVE_NAME|value|EVE_DATED|value|EVE_LOCATION|value|EVE_DESCRIPTION|value|EVE_END|value|EVE_START|value|EVE_PRICE|value"
MM_columnsStr = "EVE_TYPE|none,none,NULL|EVE_NAME|',none,''|EVE_DATED|',none,NULL|EVE_LOCATION|',none,''|EVE_DESCRIPTION|',none,''|EVE_END|',none,NULL|EVE_START|',none,NULL|EVE_PRICE|',none,''"

I need to cahnge it to work with a different table. Can someone point me to a reference for what the values following the field name in the columnsStr string mean?

Thanks,

...Dave

It's been so long since I've used DW for coding - I won't be that much help. But I can probably point you in the right direction.

the MM_fieldsStr is the form text fields. Format being FIELD_NAME|VALUE.

the MM_ColumnStr is the database table fields. if you look each looks for the same format

DATABASE_FIELD_NAME|none,none,NULL|

Even your date one looks for the same format noted by (#)

EVE_DATED(1)|(2)',none(3),NULL(4)

or another example.

EVE_NAME(1)|(2)',none(3),''(4)

To break out what the none,none,NULL means - look at your recordset connection - note for a specific field - is it specified for numeric, or text or date. look at the database field - is it set to take null values or not.

That way if you methodically look at the form, then the recordset then the database you'll spot how they figure the none,none,NULL or ',none,''

the | is a deliminator that separates the fields apart.

Sorry I couldn't be of much more help with that, just drawing off of memory. If you still cannot figure it out, search for a forum here in TT that is called Macromedia Dreamweaver MX.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back