Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database/Univ design ideas for Financial reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanukuru

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
US
Could anyone who are familiar with creating Income and Balance sheet reports out of BO give me an idea as to how the account tables are setup and how the reports has been developed ..
I am currently using a account tree that is flattened into a relational tbl and the reports uses breaks on the various columns to achieve the desired look

Problem is I am finding it very difficult to insert additonal rows and calculations into these breaks..

I am trying to find a 'Best Practices' design idea and all input is appreciated:>)

Hello Svanukuru,

I am not sure if I can be of assistance to you , but I am very much struggling with financial reporting as well. The big problem I am still facing is that all sorts of calculations on top of calculations have to be performed.
Other problem is that BO is a read-only tool which very much limits you to in terms of adding new data in the report by hand. In that aspect a spreadsheet is much more flexible.
I do have a .pdf file on designing databases for BO solutions that has a section on specific financial reporting using " Report control Tables" . If you reply to my mail address I can send it you... T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back