Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database supplemental file folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgould

Technical User
Jul 2, 2007
US
Attempting to access a database file on our server after an unknown server failure days before. The server seems to be working fine now with the exception of the foregoing. I am not an administrator, ours being a part time computer technician with limited time to respond to problems and not very familiar with ACT. That being said, the complete message is: "Cannot find database supplemental files folder <DATABASE> -database files in location DC01. This could be problem with the share, or folder may not exist..." In the an ACT moderated Discussion group I saw a reply from a Tushar Vyas to a similar problem with the reply being "make sure Everyone has Full Control Permission for Supplemental files on Server Database Folder." Thus my question is, how do you accomplish that? No one in the office can access the database from their computers. Do I go on the Server to accomplish this? (I've never done so but ready to try something new.) If so, what is the navigation to get to the function of assessing if this is the problem and making the appropriate adjustments? Much obliged for anyone's suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back