Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ds2728

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
US
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to keep some table in the local access file when you splitt the database.

And

How to add tables to an already created split data file.

I have a shared DB that has 25 users on a network. I have a few tables that I have located in the local access file for use as temporary tables for processes. I am expanding this database and adding the second half of the program and would like to add the tables to the already existing data file on the server, but I do not want the temporary tables for these processes to be moved along with the other tables.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks,

dave

Don’t use the database splitter wizard. Create your back end database. Move those tables you want on the BE to the new database. Leave the others as static tables on your FE. Just remember to link your BE tables to the FE.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back