Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Server criticality servey & questions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNormand

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2005
US
How do you determine if a db or app server is too critical to put non critical db\apps on it…?

What problems can arise mixing the two...?

JNormand,

How do you determine if an automobile is critical to your success? And how can you determine if you can use the auto for both business and pleasure purposes?

The above questions are similar to your original questions, it seems to me. You and your organisation are the ones that determine if it is business appropriate to place non-critical functionality on a "critical" database. I'm sure that we Tek-Tipsters could put together a list of generic questions that you could ask yourself that would help assess the criticality of a server to your organisation, but I believe your or your colleagues' collective common sense could do just as well.

Is there anything preventing your/your group's creating such assessment questions for your organisation?

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)

Do you use Oracle and live or work in Utah, USA?
Then click here to join Utah Oracle Users Group on Tek-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back