Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database reporting wrong engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

rev1322

MIS
May 27, 2003
US
I'm using EPO 3.0.2. My database is reporting the scan engine 4260 when the machines actually have the current version 4320. I currently have over 1200 workstations in my domain. If I add any new machines to my network, they get the current scan engine. I've already done the Agent wakeup calls but the database still thinks that the versions are 4260. Any suggestions?

Rev,

I have encountered a similar problem with a few units, with a reboot of the client PC correcting this problem. If you have 1200 machines doing this, I doubt that is the problem. I would then check your Agent update policy and ensure that it is set to grab the engine from 'Current', assuming that is where you checked in 4320.

Hope this helps.

I had this same issue. The resolution is to download and run the current superdat on the PC with teh /f switch. This will fix the registry, so that it reflects the engine update. Unfourtunately, you have to manually run this on all of your PC's. So unless you can login script it to run silently and unattended, you are going to have to visit each PC.

Are you manually downloading the dats and adding them to your repository, or are you letting the EPO get them itself?

horseham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back