Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Report Problem with CR7 and VB6 deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayh8disjob

Programmer
May 31, 2001
SG
Hi ive been trying to figure out solution for this problem for almost a month now why only in this Win 98 machine my report is not working ...
I created a VB application using VB6 and crystal report7 using MSACCESS 2000 as the back end database but the Workstation has a MSACCESS 97 application.

The vb application displays the data but when it comes to printing the report this error always comes out...
"Error opening File. File could not be found "Department_1" at file location "Department".

I tried installing Crystal report application in the client Workstation and hope that this will solve the problem but the crystal report did not run and prompt an error like this "PDBBTRV.DLL Error" I dont understand why?

can anyone please help me.

AYH8DISJOB

"Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

I have had similar errors which were due to the database location in the report being different to the database being used by the VB program. However, I always got the error before the report was displayed so you might have a different problem. I use CRAXDRT. Anyway, here's the code I use - hope it helps

Dim objCrystalApplication As craxdrt.Application
Dim objCrystalReport As craxdrt.Report
Dim objCrystalTable As craxdrt.DatabaseTable

Set objCrystalApplication = CreateObject("CrystalRuntime.Application")
Set objCrystalReport = objCrystalApplication.OpenReport(ReportName)

For Each objCrystalTable In objCrystalReport.Database.Tables
objCrystalTable.Location = DatabaseName
Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back