Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicasa

Programmer
Feb 3, 2003
ES
Hi There,

I am new to database programming in BCB and would like to know where to start. Should I use the BDE or the ADO components ? What is the best route to follow for creating simple client server database apps ?

I have recently learnt SQL. Is it easy to embed SQL commands into C programs and how could I start to do this ?

All help appreciated ...

Steven Matthews

Look into the Data Access Tab to control and edit the database and the Data Controls tab to display the data.
SQL can be used in a query component.

Nicasa, sorry i just stumbled on this now, BDE is faster than ADO, but BDE is a way borland interacts with databases. Meaning its compatability isnt very good...
If you plan on writing software that may have later versions go with ADO... plus ADO is easier to use than BDE
on most windows machines BDE requires you to set up and ODBC where as ADO does not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back