Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database on Net!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookery

Programmer
Apr 4, 2002
GB
Can someone give me a straight-forward answer to this question:

I have an Access 2K database that I want to web-enable so that I can access it when on the road. Can I put the fancy Forms that I've developed onto the web or do I have to design new pages/forms? If so, what product should I use to do this?

Is it a case of being able to access the data but creating new pages (Forms) for it to be displayed on the web?

Looking around for a simple answer to a simple question like this can be really taxing sometimes!!!

I don't know if this will help answer your question.
DAtabases like Access databases , can't be display on the web, as you intend to do. What you can do, is to make web pages that show the content of those databases, or part of them in HTML format.
There are tutorials on the Internet on how to do it, using Dreamviewer or a similar product.

A+, MCP, CCNA
marbinpr@hotmail.com

"I just know that I know nothing"
Socrates (469-399 B.C.E.)

Thanks for your answer. It's exactly what I wanted. BTW what does the "E" in B.C.E stand for?

BCE stands for "Before Common Era". It's the more politically correct and secular way of saying BC (Before Christ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back