Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Names not in PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimReiley

MIS
Dec 10, 2004
US
Linux v9.1. Somehow one of my database's seems to have disappeared from the pcc, although the tables and ddf's are where they are suspossed to be. I can't seem to recreate the database name in the pcc. It always says the database is in use. Great. How do I get the database name to show up in the pcc.

Hey Jim,

I sure wish someone had posted a solution. I am, on a Windows system, confronted with the exact same problem. There is a database on disk, i can see it's datafiles change when the application bound to it is working, but Pervasive control center does not show it.
I don't even know the name of the db i am looking for.

Hope there is smarter people than us around, and that if you find a solution, you post it here.

Cheers,
Daan

Daan,
Are you also using PSQL 9.1? I've seen "missing" databases on Windows in V8.x if there is a Pervasive Database Name but no ODBC DSN. That won't apply on V9.x though.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Was it ever listed in the PCC?

Many applications - such as one I support, Macola - do not automatically have their databases listed in the PCC. You have to open up PCC, right click, add database, browse to the .ddfs, etc.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

O hello,
I been surfing so hard i didn't notice replies any sooner.

Mirtheil, it's about a PSQL 2000i installation, but maybe that's a nickname for 7.something, i can't actually tell from here.

Gillz, i do not actually know if it has been listed - that's probably why i don't know the name for it.
As soon as i'm there again (tomorrowmorning, it's 23:21 where i'm at) i will go and try to add a database, pointing to the folders it's files are in in. I tried so before, but maybe with not enough access rights.
Is it possible i am gonna be kept out by passwords inside these DDF's?

Later i been thinking though it may be tables that are missing, so i started this new thread: 1244141
(Thanks for responding,
Daan

You can "name" the database anything in PCC. Just pick a name.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"making predictions is tough, especially about the future" - Yogi Berra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back