Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dough

MIS
Sep 8, 1998
US
Has anyone had any experience with the "Can not open any more databases"?<br>
I have gone through and closed all record sets when I'm done with them and used the Option Explicit and Option Compare Database in all modules.<br>
I'm running Access97 Sp2 in a Client/Server configuration on an NT network (TCP/IP). All the Clients have a min of 32 Mb of ram. The server has 128 w/ Duel PII 400's.<br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>

If you're using Set db=CurrentDB to create a local database object then you need to close the instance of that object when you finish the proc. When you close the db it will close the recordset for you, but not vice versa. use:<br>
<br>
db.close<br>
<br>
If you don't, and you're doing this alot, a limit will be reached as to how many alias' of the current db you can have open.<br>
<br>
Some recommend creating a global local database variable upon entering your app. ie, gblDBLocal. On entry instantiate to Set gblDBLocal = CurrentDB. Then you only need one instance of the current db to do all of your recordset activities. Then just close the recordset but not gblDBLocal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back