Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database marked IN LOAD. Help, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miriam

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
Hello,

One of ny database become corrupted and market suspect.
Error messages were:

Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 2
I/O error (torn page) detected during read at offset 0x0000011cfa4000 in file 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\MyDatabase.MDF'..

Error: 3313, Severity: 21, State: 2
Error while redoing logged operation in database 'MyDatabase'. Error at log record ID (99632:50003:430)..

Error: 3414, Severity: 21, State: 1
Database 'MyDatabase' (database ID 7) could not recover. Contact Technical Support..

Because I did not have a backup for this database I tried to restore it from another server. I copy backup file on my destination server, stopped Microsoft Search Agent [database use the full-text indexes].
It was not enough space on hard drive to have both old database corrupted files and new good backup file – so, I dropped database and tried to restore it. I created database with the same name; created users inside database. After that I wanted to restore it from backup file [from device] but got new error messages:

Starting up database 'MyDatabase'.

D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\MyDatabase_Data.MDF: Operating system error 112(There is not enough space on the disk.) encountered.

Bypassing recovery for database 'music_store' because it is marked IN LOAD.

I have 11.5 GB on D:\ drive and 750 MB on C:When I r=tried to use DBCC CHECKDB i got the error:

Server: Msg 927, Level 14, State 2, Line 1
Database 'music_store' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help,
Miriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back