Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1866DSC

Technical User
Sep 4, 2006
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to setup database mail using SQL Server 2005 enterpriwse edition sp2. I can configure the profile and accounts correctly and the messages become queued but not delivered.

I intially thought that a virus scanner was preventing Databasemail90.exe from running or it was being blocked by the exchange server. But the problem appears to be instance specific as another instance on the same server works fine. The broker is enabled database mail is started and i've manually run the exe. My account has permission to run the exe.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why it wont work??

What does it say in the database mail log?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Hi mrdenny,

It doesn't even create a log entry and sending the test mail.

Previously it states 3 entries

The mail queue was stopped by login "mylogin"
The mail queue was started by login "mylogin"
Activation succesful

Try running this in the msdb database.
Code:
select state_desc, count(*)
from sys.conversation_endpoints with (nolock)
group by State_Desc

Post back what it says. Maybe the messages are getting stuck in the service broker somewhere?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back