Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database logon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreako

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
NO
Hello!

I hav e a report that I want to view on the internet. I want to use I unmanaged, that is I give the users an url, and they provide the parameters for the report. But I have one big problem, and that is: Now the users have to write the username and password to the database. That they shall not need to do.
Then I wrote this URL

, and that works fine, except that my report has three subreports, and the users still gets the question for logon to the database. How can this be avoided?!

I use CR8.5 and CE8 if that is of any importance!

Thanx in advance!

andreako!

Here is an example of a internet form that I have. It contains a two different kinds of subreports. If the subreport is an actual saved report then you have to type it like the last line of the example below for the reqqiremnt.rpt. If it's only subreport with you actual report then you type it in like the like below for Job_Customer.

<a href=&quot;user0@Job_Customer=username&amp;password0@Job_Customer=password&amp;
user0@req_binary.rpt=useranme&amp;password0@req_binary.rpt=password&amp;
user0@requiremnt.rpt=username&amp;password0@requiremnt.rpt=password&quot;>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back