Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I have a switch. It is on Release 25.40. It holds about 1200 analog lines and 300 digital lines

I want to upgrade the switch to Succession 3.0. I have an unused switch at Succession 3.0. The ISM limits were low, so I increased the ISM's to match my 25.40 switch.

what I want to do is transfer the database programming from one switch to another.

I have tried doing a parallel reload and using the ABKO diskette from the 25.40 switch to load the database, but it fails on the ESET portion. I went to the TOOLS menu to check the Keycode on the diskette, but it fails, because it doesn't match the dongle.

Is there a way to transfer just the system programming from one switch to another?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I thought about just taking the database.rec file and overwriting the one, using pdt, but was wondering if there was another way.

John

NORTEL CAN DO

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Have you tried just overwriting the database.rec file, because that is how, I think, they do it.

John

Use OTM to complete the move. Done it many times

Try it as an upgrade which is what you attempting to do: 25.40 to CSE 3.0. Boot the 3.0 PBX off the install disk and choose to restore(?) database using the 25.40 database diskette.

Or rekey the database. OTM can help with the stations, speed call lists, names,... You can also use this opportunity to clean up NARS/BARS if need be.

Nah, takes too long.

I waited all day for nortel to call back to verify, but I did this and it worked just fine.

Complete an ABKO on the source system (Opt 81C)
Take the floppy to the target system (CS1000 Suc 3.0)

All you want to do is transfer the database.

From the active core. This takes about 15 minutes, so get a maintenance window for a temporary outage.

With the source archive diskette in the floppy...

pdt>cp /f0/database.rec /u/db/
copied XXXXXkb of data
pdt>ok

pdt>cp /f0/config.rec /u/db/
copied 1024kb of data
pdt>ok

swap cores and do again..

once done, sysload the entire switch.

after INI log back into the system.

ld 43

.edd clr

you can't just edd because there are errors present after the file transfer, but the edd clr clears those out.

worked like a charm, no errors

Now it does change your login passwords as well, as they are part of the database, so have your source logins and passwords handy.

I hope this is cool to post here, and I hope this helps someone else.

I just wish I didn't have to figure this out myself waiting on Nortel to respond, but hey, I will never have to worry about this problem again.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back