Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database integration? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrex

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2002
US
Hello,

I am starting on a project to syncronize some data from 2 different mssql databases that have different schemas and field types.

In the past my company has been doing this with sql jobs and stored procedures or triggers. There are several problems with this method.

From all of the microsoft documentation that I have been reading it seems that biztalk would be a good solution for these integrations.

I need to have a demo implementation up and working in 1 weeks. All the demo needs to do is syncronize about 5 fields between 2 databases. Do you guys think this is possible to do in that time frame considering I have no knowledge of biztalk at all. I am very well versed in .net and sql. I am going to need sometype of database initiation of the transactions that biztalk performs. Can you start biztalk transactions from triggers or stored procedures?

What information should I be looking at to do this implementation? I keep looking at biztalk white papers that have tons of information that isn't really pertinant to what I am trying to accomplish. Has anyone seen a sort of step by step guide to database integration with biztalk?

Thanks for the demo. This has exactly what was looking for.

Thanks for the demo. This has exactly what I was looking for.

I think I have this all worked if my database was going to pass a file to a folder on my biztalk server to initiate an orchestration, but I want my database transactions to send data directly to an orchestration. I haven't seen a good example of how sql can make calls to biztalk with data. Is this possible?

This should be possible! You need to create a SQL Receive Port and point it to your Stored Procedure. You can also specify in what Intervalls the SP should be called!

Heres another link to get you started on how to set up an SQL-Receive Adapter!

Hope that helps,

Stephan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back