Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Inconcistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

lardum

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2000
SE
Hi,<br><br>Have anyone seen these error messages appear during a backup:<br>MSExchangeIS (222) Direct read found corrupted page(36930) with error -1018. Please restore the database from a previous backup.<br>This message appear 16 times.<br>Then this message comes up:<br>The description for Event ID (200) in Source (ESE97) could not be found. It contains the following insertion(s):MSExchangeIS,222, C:\EXCHSRVR\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB...<br><br>Have tried:<br>- CHKDSK /V /R /F <br>- ISINTEG -PRIV -PUB -TEST FOLDER, MESSAGE -DETAILED -FIX <br>- ESEUTIL /R /IS <br>- ESEUTIL /R /DS <br>- ISINTEG -PATCH <br><br>Would be glad to hear your oppinions.<br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars

I Have had simular problems on one of our development servers. This is usually caused by a HARDWARE problem, in&nbsp;&nbsp;either the disk drives or the subsystem. In our case it was caused by the backplane the disks were mounted in.<br>There is only 2 ways to fix the problem:<br>1. restore from the last known good backup.<br>2. run eseutil in the repair mode - not the best option, because mail can be lost. the utility has to recreate the bad b-tree section, and WILL loose mail that it cannot recover.

Ok,<br><br>Thanks for your response,<br>the problem is that the disk subsystem seems to work fine. Ran a diag on it and no errors were encountered... <br>Since we don't have a recent backup of the information store we will probably export all mailboxes and import them to a new and fresh DB. The error occur at the same place each time a backup is running. <br><br>Regards<br><br>Lars<br>

hello! does the backup util you are using say there has been a problem....using Arcserve nothing is logged, apart from a mismatch in the amount of data copied.....A eseutil /mk on the edb.chk will give you an idea when the system was last backed up??? isn't the log drive filling up??? <br><br>I've had this problem before and moved the users off onto another machine. Obviously not all users moved across and I had to run a repair on the priv. This sorted the problem out but dropped all the attachment links.....On a restore server I then had to restore the last good backup and copy across all the attachments that had been effected. Its a horrible job....good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back