Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

????? database handling ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitt

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
IN
hie ya,

i have a form with some textboxes on it in which user can enter some values...some r string, some r numeric..first i have to validate this i mean if they r in correct format..

now on entering value in some of fields suppose like employee id ..i want it to check in the access database table that if it exists over there or not..if not then a error message..else i must be able to populate other textboxes on the form by fetching data from diffrent tables..for eg if its a valid employee id i need to populate the next text box which is employee name by fetching it frm table on basis of employee id..i also want to fetch data frm some other tables also to populate some other text boxes also like project id ..the projects on which the person is working..
IN SHORT POPULATING TEXTBOXES FRM DIFFRENT ACCESS TABLES..AND ALSO I WANT TO DISABLE USER FROM EDITING THOSE TEXT BOXES WHICH I HAVE POPULATED BY FETCHING DATA FRM DIFFRENT TABLES.I MEAN HE MUST BE ABLE TO SEE THEM ONLY..LIKE IF HE ENTERS PROJECT ID ..I MUST BE ABLE TO FETCH PROJECT NAME ON THIS BASIS AND PUT THIS VALUE IN TEXT BOX...AND DISABLE IT FOR EDITING..

I NEED A CODE ?????????CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT ????????
-----------------------------------
Its nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

why don't you try usink a mask edit box or set the text boxes tag property to something and then search through the controls for the tag and if the tag = whatever then set the locked property to true and you can change the font color or whatever. ----------------
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back