Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Execute timeout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermosillo

Vendor
Jun 15, 2012
US
I have a question regarding using the database actions in Voicemail Pro. Occasionally during the database execute action the database is unavailable so the call is routed to the failure on the database execute which routes the call to a hunt group. What we would like is to have a timeout option during that database execute so that there is a little more time to access the database before it times out and routes the call as a failure. I realize there is no timeout option on that action. What I am thinking of trying is to add a second database execute action to try again on failures and maybe add a third execute action. Does anyone have any other ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You could use a generic action with a silence recording of a few seconds and then start the dabase execute again.
have don that in the past with a install were the database could be too busy occasional.

Throw in a counter-action as well, so the call doesn't get stuck in a loop, consuming VM channels.

Failure -> 2 sec silence-box -> Counter1 +1 -> Test Variable: Counter1= 5, go Failure, else Retry,
If Failure, send call somewhere and tag the Transfer-action "DB failure in module xyz"
(This shows up on the phone that answer, makes it easier to diagnose for the tech)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back