Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Engine stops after backup job is complete. 6.5, NT, Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH

Technical User
Apr 9, 2000
US
Visit site
Database engine stops immediately after a backup job is completed.&nbsp;&nbsp;Can be manually restarted but will stop after the next backup job.&nbsp;&nbsp;Cleaning out ARCserve's temp folder alleviates this problem for a few days/weeks.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>ARCserve 6.5, build 620, no patches applied, running on NT4.0, sp6a, Alpha.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any explanations/fixes?

I’m experiencing a similar problem, after each job is done the Media Pools disappear. I now have to stop and start the Database Engine after each job; I haven’t changed any security permissions. I get an error code EC=-2005 but the user for the database enging has full right on the ArcServe directory.

Never resolved this problem, changed jobs. [bluegreedy]

Suggest picking through and applying, in order, the numerous patches. Next, delete the backup job's file. Recreate the job. Worst case [shadessad], uninstall/reinstall the program, NT user included. Good luck and let the forum know about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back