Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Diagram Designer Not Working After XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

slhayden

Programmer
May 29, 2002
I'm using SQL Server 2000 SP3 on Windows XP SP2. After installing the SP2 for XP I'm no longer able to use existing database diagrams. The diagram window will open, but it doesn't contain any objects. Additionally, none to the toolbar controls are working.

If I open these diagrams from another machine they are ok.

Any ideas?

Enterprise Manager probably got screwed up. Try reinstalled the Enterprise Manager from the SQL CD.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]

Have you openned the proper ports? SP2 closes TCP port 1433 and UDP port 1434 which SQL Server uses. That MIGHT be your problem.

-SQLBill

First, I apologize for misunderstanding and thinking you were not using SQL Server.

It's still appears to be a programming error - your's or the programs (most likely the programs). Have you tried mrdenny's solution to the original post?

The error appears to indicate that it's expecting one type of input and getting something else. So, without seeing what you are doing, it's going to be hard to solve this one.

Q's: Which version are you using?
At which point do you get the error?
Is there an error number with the message?

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back