Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATABASE CORRUPTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

namax

Technical User
May 22, 2011
PG
I have a database which got corrupted.when I tried opening the database, i am presented with this message "Table 'database_name' has become corrupted.the table will need to be repaired before using again".
when i tried opening an individual table i am asked to either locate the database or delete the link to free the table from its owning database.however, i want to delete the link but don't want to do for all the tables as there are about 100 plus table.is there a way where i can just repair the database?

thankyou in advance.

What is really corrupt? Do you get the error message with any table of the database? Or is it rather only a single table, being corrupt?

If all tables you open ask for specifying the DBC, then it's likely not the DBF, but the DBC corrupt or missing.

Did you copy DBFs without also copying DBC,DCT,DCX files and putting them into the same relative paths as they originally were? Part of the DBF info, like default values and long field names, are stored in the DBC.

If the DBC itself has become corrupted, replace DBC, DCT, and DCX files from a backup. The DBC itself doesn't change unless you often add new tables or views to it.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back