Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Corruption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Datathumper

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
CA
I know, I know always back up the database...I didnt.

I had it on a USB disk and for whatever reason (more than likely improper removal of the device), the database has been corrupted and cannot be repaired by the compact and repair procedure. I have also tried the Jet4.0 compact utility from microsoft.

Is there another method that I could use? I am mainly after the forms, reports, and queries. The information in the tables isnt all that important to me since I was just starting to use it as a "live" database. The development took time however. I have an old copy, but it doesnt have the latest developments.

Any help would be appreciated.

The quick answer is to try to "import" all the forms, queries, reports, etc from the original database and see how many successfully can be imported.

The long answer is for you to browse Tony Toews' page on Access corruption--they're the most awesome public collection of info on this subject, probably in the world. Check it out below:

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

I have tried to import, but the database cannot be opened to do this. Even when I start a new database and then try to import from it. I can connect to the tables via excel however by "open with, excel". So I know that the data is still in tact. Unfortunatelly, its not the data that I am after in this case. I will try the link that you mentioned and post my results.

pseale---

your response to this post gave me a very QUICK and effective solution to my database corruption problem. The site pointed me to the microsoft jetcompact utility that fixed my problems and save my tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back