Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Corruption woes after installing 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyK

Technical User
Jan 29, 2001
US
A database which was stable for years is now returning corruption errors / unrecognized format - but ONLY after users were upgraded to Access 2019, Windows Server upgraded to Server 2019. Web research indicates we are far from alone, and we are now attempting a registry fix (disable leasing) on the server. The corruption is temporarily solved (but only temporarily) by reimporting all objects into a clean database. Some users were still on 2010, which meant we were using 2010 to create the clean database - but now all users are on 2019. Given that Microsoft is acknowledging issues, we're wondering if we're best off keeping the 2010 version (but running all in 2019), OR whether we might gain anything by starting fresh with a database created in 2019. Thoughts?

No, the Office version is 32 bit. I have since found an article from Microsoft stating that it is a known issue that as of last August was still being researched - they recommended disabling leasing on the server (a registry change) as a temporary workaround. That was just done - time will tell whether it resolves the issue. BUT it does beg the question of why do you ask if I had switched? I have wondered if the 64 bit version might help alleviate the problems, but need to get some VBA rewritten since I use API calls.

The switch to 64 caused similar sounding issues with 32 bit databases on my bosses machine. It took some time to figure it out, but as soon as we reverted to 2019 32 bit, all the problems went away. Was hoping it was just that for your sake, but alas, no.

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That DonÆt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back