Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database corruption on trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

The mitel guy

Programmer
Dec 6, 2019
US
I have recently encountered an SV 8100 and an Sv 9100 That had issues with trunking. I would default the system and reload the database and I would still have corruption. The SV 8100 had an issue with Phantom ringing when calling line 5. You could not answer the call the light would light on the phone and would continue to ring after the call had been disconnected. The only way to make it go away was to reboot the phone system. SV 9100 Would ring once or twice on all the lines then the line would go silent and the voicemail would not answer. Both systems required the same fix. I defaulted the phone systems. Then I did a partial database reload without any of the trunking information. I hand programmed all the trunking information into both of these phone systems. After that point I have not had an issue with these Phone systems. I just thought that I would share this information for anybody running into weird issues like this.

This is why people teaching at NEC keep making people use PCPro to duplicate databases is a HUGE issue. You should always default every system and have the ports be recognized by the hardware then program mostly with WebPro. This has been the case since the Nitsuko 124i systems. I have no idea who is teaching this nonsense at NEC to pre-program on PCPro but it needs to stop.

Sip trunking is not being used on either one of these systems it's just Legacy pots lines

@coraltech I was hired in to work on NEC phone systems without any prior knowledge of nec. the only training I received on this equipment was through trial and error and also through some NEC training classes but none of them have ever said anything about this issue. I have heard rumors about it from another technician though. Neither one of these phone systems had had their program touched in a very long time. The fix I applied worked great and I still have zero issues.

Might I suggest that the trunking section can be defaulted by using a script (there is a script hidden away in Pc Pro called default that defaults the whole system) you can edit that to default only the sections you want to. so you can default the entire system and use the script in PC Pro to default the section of the system you want to before uploading it again. See here for further discussion on scripting......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back