Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Conversion; 97 to 2k 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyDev

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have about 500 97 dbs that I need to convert to 2k. Can I do this programmatically? That is, is there a macro (or some other code) I can use to do the conversion all at once. I really do not wish to do this one-by-one? Thanks for any guidance?

Here is an article out MS Technet which will probably apply to you. Read it carefully and do the test they recommend as not all MS 'fixes' work 100%

The title for the article is 'How to bulk convert all databases in a folder to ACC2000'

Good luck,

KSDadGuy

Got too fast on my hitting the post button that I wanted to add the following.

Bulk conversions may be nice, but 1) are there any dependencies between any of the databases; 2) there may be VB code or function calls from ACC97 which may not be supported in ACC2000.

KSDadGuy

Thanks for the 'tip' and the URL. I hadn't thought about all that - well I had, but I assumed that the code would work because I am going from 97 to 2k, instead of the reverse. It maybe better to back up to take another look.
I'd hate to end up with more headaches than I had before.

Thanks!

simple solution is to back up all your db`s and then try.

most time the code just needs recompiling when converted.

worse comes to worse you still have the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back