Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database Connection from ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkum

Programmer
Jul 30, 2003
US
Hi,

All of a sudden I get this message today when I try to access ASP pages with DB connections.

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

I have been running the pages for the past one year and it was working fine.

I can access the SQL server Database using Enterprise Manager though.

The Connection String I use is:
Conn.Open "PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;SERVER=server_name;INTEGRATED SECURITY=SSPI;DATABASE=DBNAME;"

Thanks,
Raj.

Try deleting the account/credentials you were using in sql server and readding them. Also check to see what your application security is on in IIS if someone messed with it, it might cause that...doubtful but worth a try. Make it medium...this is probably only the case if your conn string is in a global file.

try your connections through the ODBC interface to ensure you're getting proper connectivity, then apply the data to your connection string, you can also export from ODBC and made a connection file, that you can open w/ notepad and retrieve the connection data in a copy/pasteable form to introduce to your code.

[thumbsup2]DreX
aKa - Robert
if all else fails, light it on fire and do the happy dance!

Thanks guys.
It looks like that it was the DB admin issue.
He Fixed it.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back