Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database connection errors on my site, hosting company is no help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I am intermittently getting this error on my CF8 website. It's on a shared hosting environment. I contacted my hosting company and they have nothing to say about it. Is this something wrong with their server setup or have I done something wrong? Please help me, I'm going to lose members on my site left and right if this doesn't get fixed soon.

Error :

Error Executing Database Query.

Communications link failure due to underlying exception: ** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect STACKTRACE: java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum connections reached?): connect at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:366) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:209) at com.mysql.jdbc.StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:173) at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.(MysqlIO.java:267) at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2739) at com.mysql.jdbc....

I called them and they told me it was a "scripting error" on my part. Is there any chance they are right?

I sent them your link, I think they used it because about an hour later all the issues went away. They never wrote me back to admit their ignorance though, go figure. Can't thank you enough for this, my members were getting pretty frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back