Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombus123

Programmer
Jan 15, 2008
US
I am using QTP script to add a record to the database by parameterizing first and last names.
It runs successfully?
How do I find out whether it is inserting the record in the datbase otherthan me checking the database manually?
How do I retreive the added record from the database and display in the result window?

Use database checkpoint Insert/Checkpoint/Database checkpoint

Use option to Show how to use MS Query to walk through the tutorial

I am using the database checkpoint, in this way...

I use the sql statement to show the count of the db. and once I insert a record , the checkpoint fails ans shows the actual value is +1 of the expected value , which is true,but since the checkpoint fails, my test result also fails, so is this the only way to do it?

do you know of any other way to figureout and get the record you insert in the databse in the result window or somewhereto show that the record has been inserted.

You can include me in all your future correspondance related to QTP.
Thanks

The way to keep track is simple enough.

Keep a count of your inserted records, and add this to the expected count.

Compare with actual count.

If they still don't match, then now you have a problem.

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back