Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database changes during Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyE45

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
CA
Does anybody know if there are any database modifications made during the upgrade process?

I'm wondering how important a db backup is. I'm going to do one before I upgrade the first server anyway but I'm just curious how important it is.

Whether there are changes or not, professionally you would be extremely unwise not to do a backup before an upgrade.

However I would expect there to be changes in an upgrade. As to what they are, I know not, nor care what. If I need to look at the raw data, then I is in deep doodoo methinks.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

ascotta,

As I said, I'm going to do a backup regardless of what I find - I'm not that stupid. I was just wondering if anybody knows if there are any structural changes. If there are, there might be complications if a rollback becomes necessary. You never know with Citrix.

I've also been around long enough not to assume anything. In a minor upgrade it's entirely possible that no db schema changes would be made.

Now, does anybody have any hard, factual data on this?

Sorry Andy, you were wondering how important a backup would be, perhaps it was a rhetorical question, how silly of me.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back