Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DATABASE BACKUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Nov 15, 2002
SG
HOW TO TAKE BACKUP OF A ORACLE DATABASE OUTOMATICALLY HAVING SYSTEM DATE( CURRENT DATE) INSTED OF PUTING MYSELF THE FILE NAME "ABCD.DMP" .

AS FOR EXAMPLE:
WHILE I'M TAKING BACKUP OF A ORACLE DATABASE WITH "EXP" UTILITY THAT TIME I HAVE TO GIVE THE BACKUP FILE NAME LIKE "ABCD.DMP" BUT I DON'T LIKE TO PUT THE FILE NAME MYSELF,IT WILL TAKE AUTOMATICALLY THE SYSTEM DATE LIKE "201102.DMP" HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Create a script that builds the file name (and subsequently the EXP invocation line) and then calls the execution line.

Hi,
If possible please avoid CAPS, it is the same as shouting.

To do what you want, and assuming Windows - since you fail to mention any details about version,os, etc - look into using a batch file to call the exp program and use environment variables to construct the file name for the dmp file..

The windows' help files should have the info you need on how to use those variables ..

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back