Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

database attach error 9003

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrunner

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2003
US
have a database that went through a crash, actually the windows 2000 server actually hard crashed brought it back up but cannot get one of the databases to attach have tried all the standard ways to get it back and donot have a current backup. I think the database is dammaged but really need to get the data out anyone have an Idea on what to do the error is "" Error:9003: The LSN(37372:128:1) passed to log scan in database 'topsdata' is invalid"" any Ideas would be great and if not that is there a way to get into the database to get the info outeven if it is damaged ???

Have you tried attaching just the MDF file using sp_attach_single_file_db? If the error is only in the LOG then this should allow you to get most of the data, if not all of it. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
SQL Server Page:
If you want to get the best answer for your question read faq183-874.

yes I get I think an 1816 error with that one

re 1816 error - Is the version of SQL Server you are trying to attach to set up exactly the same as the one which your mdf file from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back