Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Database action connection on R 11.1.3 Virtual Server Edition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiManoel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2009
BR
Hello,
How does one connect to a 3rd party database on Voicemail Pro Release 11.1.3, considering that it is installed through HyperV, on a Windows2019 Server. How do we use a Prosgre Connector?

You don't use the Posgre connector but you put all the information into the database actions in voicemail pro which are the connectors to the database.

You open the database then do your thing by looking up or sending info and then close the database again. No external program or connector needed.

I have to admit though that it has been years since I last did anything with database integration and hopefully I don't confuse things more for you.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@Westi> Not at ALL! Thank you so much. I will try that. Although on the Windows VMP R9.0 I use MySQL connector in order to keep the BD connection running

Thank you Westi!
I have succeed into installing PGSQL Srv on the same Win 2019 Dell Server, where I also Avaya VM installed using HyperV Srv.
By using Heidi DB Manager, I am able to upload my DB CSV file into the PGSQL Srv. I have manipulated some lines from the SQ Srv HBA file, allowing it to accept requests from the SE IP address too. Now Voicemail is also able to access the localhost database ✨🥳🙌🙏

A star for saying it can be done and how you did it.

A feeling of horror that you've giving an app on a virtual server the power to mess up the localhost table of the server hosting it.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

important note on this:
you can only use the super outdated postgresql 9.6.

The higher versions are not compatible. I've raised a ticket to ask when VMPro will be compatible with Postgresql 14 and 16.
They will not update it. So you have to work with an unsecure database ...

@Frogg3r that's something to be aware of. But I only use as Localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back