Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data type conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2003
US
The data type in the database for the fields that I am having rounding issues within the report are FLOAT. However, my report has all the field types as NUMBER. I need to convert the fields to FOLAT.

Is there a conversion that I can use within a formula or in the format field property?

Currently I am using the following formula to suppress rounding for the field that are of type NUMBER.

if {full_limit.Q3}-Truncate({full_limit.Q3}*100)/100>0 then
Truncate({full_limit.Q3},2)

Thanks in advance
junction123

I believe that you are out of luck for a direct solution in Crystal. Crystal reports does not support a numeric data type of FLOAT explicitly. It uses the data type NUMBER to cover all number types. If you are using CR 9 or higher you could create a custom function that povides your functionality and then use the formula workshop to use the custom function to provide the logic for the truncation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back