Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data transfer from Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpme2pc

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2005
US
Not sure whether to post this here or in the Mac forum but since I'm working on a pc I'llk try here. Anyway, I have a client with an old Mac Performa that he'd like some data off of. The Mac doesn't boot anymore and he thought I might be able to help. The hd has an ide connection and I honestly don't know if there's a way to hook it up to a pc someway and pull anything off of it. I wasn't sure if there was some kind of knoppix type or data recovery program that will work. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

You can hook up the drive as a slave to a Pc and then use any available Mac to windows software on the market.

For instance:

I use it myself and it works pretty well.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back