Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data transfer from Filemaker(Win) to MYOB(Win)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukupatil

Programmer
Jul 4, 2001
IN
Hi to All,

I have already developed data transfer from Filemaker to MYOB application with the help of Applescript.

Now i am interested in same functionality on windows platform i.e. data transfer from filemaker(Win) to MyOB(Win) which is a accounting package.

Can any one help me to achieve this functionality?
Please feel free to convey your idea even.

Thanks.

ukupatil

I tried MYOB for a year and gave up, it was painfully slow.

I would look to ODBC technology to accomplish the link.

A daily export / import of a tab separated data file from FMPro to MYOB will work, question is if it is the right way to do it.

Hi Jean,

I downloaded both myobodbc_uk and myobodbc_us drivers. Installed on my machine(Win 2000 O/s).

But facing problem in ODBC ..start from DSN creation. While creating DSN, it passes message as

"The company file selected is a United Kingdom Company. This version of MYOB ODBC only supports United States Company files."

for both drivers no change in message. So i could not create DSN.

...ukupatil

It is years ago that I used ODBC for a connection.
Now I do plain import/export with csv/tsv files.

Sorry, can't help you here. Or at least not with relevant information or suggestions.
As far as I remember, most tutorials are talking about transfer from Myob to FileMaker and not the other way round.
So also there would be a death end....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back