Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Table in Access Chart not displaying proper column headings

Status
Not open for further replies.

avenuw

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
US
Hello,

I have tried about everything and am completely at loss as to what to do next. I hope you can help :)

Here is the issue- I had a report which worked fine up until recently, The report has a chart and displays the data table with the chart. The issue is the column headings are no longer displaying correctly. The column headings are numbers but stored as text so "19345", "12345", so when I query I make sure to use my quotes to extract the field.

Now these column headings are displaying as 1E+05.Nothing was changed in the query or the report as far as I am aware.

Here is what I tried in no particular order:
1) changed my query for the chart to display the column headings as numbers by using VAL(columnName)- although this displayed the correct name of the field in design layout, in preview it still displays 1E+05.
2) Recreated the entire report- still same issue
3) checked my query and my query is displaying the correct column headings.
4)edited my chart data table option formated the column heading as number and also tried to format it as text.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
AV

No how do you do that?

Thanks for the suggestion!

Rather than use the table in the chart, create a new subreport with a Record Source that matches the Row Source of your chart control. You can then format the subreport controls however you want.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

That sounds like it might work, I will give it a try and let you know.

This is another minor issue but another chart I have does not change in size when I change the width and height. The chart is a subreport placed in another report and it works but sometimes I have too much data columns to display and so the chart (in subreport) appears for small in the report.
I tried to change the width and height but nothing changes!

Thanks,

I'm not sure what your chart size issue is caused by. These types of problems are difficult to trouble-shoot without a very detailed description of your chart and symptoms.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back