Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Source Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWChowd

Programmer
May 26, 2002
US
Hi,
I am running SSRS 2000 on a Windows 2003 Server. I am having trouble running reports successfully on client machines. However, I am not having any trouble running the same reports on the Windows Server 2003 where SSRS 2000 is installed. I am using a Shared Data source with Windows NT Integrated Security. When I am logged into the server, I am logging on as a Domain Administrator. When I am logged in to a client machine, I am not a Domain Admin.

I receive the following error:
An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'gpcc'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

I am completely at a loss as to what to do ro try or look at. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
NWChowd

======================================
"I wish that I may never think the smiles of the great and powerful a sufficient inducement to turn aside from the straight path of honesty and the convictions of my own mind."
-David Ricardo, classical economist

I think this is related to IIS permissions. Does your IIS use Windows Integrated Security or Basic? I don't remember the exact issue, but I know that sometimes you have to set up your IIS network security to Basic (clear text) in order to get RS to work sometimes because there's an issue with pass-through security not working properly when it comes to IIS & RS.

I think you'll have to use a specific SQL Server account & password on your Data Source instead of trying to use Windows Domain security.

Sorry I don't remember the details exactly. I just remember it being a pain in the butt.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"The only stupid question is the one that *wasn't* asked.

I am having the same issue. When I run reports from web server logged in as my domain admin account (same account is dbo of Report DB on my sql server), it runs fine. I deployed reports with normal domain user account from my machine to web server. BUT if I run reports from my machine with my normal account, I get the same
Cannot create a connection to data source 'xyz'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
Help me out!!!!!!!!

same issue - permissions in IIS

We have created a 'standard user' who is set up against all of our shared data sources in the report manager - this seems to mitigate any effects of who deploys the report etc

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

andyoye,

If you have the SSRSS database on a different server than the SSRS application, you might be having trouble with passing authentication information from the client to the SSRS application server to the database server. That was my issue, as we do not have Kerberos 5 on our network yet.

Try going to
to read more.

NWChowd

"I wish that I may never think the smiles of the great and powerful a sufficient inducement to turn aside from the straight path of honesty and the convictions of my own mind."
-David Ricardo, classical economist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back