Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Retrieval problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesorm

Technical User
Aug 31, 2006
US
I am unable to access the data files for my peachtree fixed asset system after restoring it to my network after my hard drive died on my old computer.I called Peachtree and they were unable to help me.

The error message says"FAS for Peachtree--Conflict
Stop Your license allows up to
1 Users to access FAS for
Peachtree at a time It is
currently being accessed
by 0 users.

Under Select databases: It says "An error occurred while attempting to open the selected database.Please select another database from the list below"
Nothing is listed under Database List Manager.

Under Find Databases it shows under "Options":
C:\Prgram Files\FAS\FAS for Peachtree
Under Paths it shows C:\ Program files\fas\fas for peachtree andn C:\program files\fas\fas for peachtree\data\fas.bdb

At this point it has me totally confused.

After saving all of your data I'd try a fresh install and see if you can get into the sample data Peachtree supplies. Once you get the basic installation going then copy your directory in. I know in Peachtree each company is a sub-directory off of the main data directory. If you can get the sample data working then try and copy your real data back in.

Gil

I discussed your solution with a co worker.He said that the Peachtree Fixed Asset System does not work on the network.He had to uninstall it from the network and add it to the C drive.The error messages I wrote about still occurred. The Fixed Asset Program is a separate program.How does this change your recommendations?????

If it's not a database corruption but a license issue you may have to have Peachtree help you. I think I'd un-install everything and re-install it to see if the license issue goes away. You have to get past that before you can address your data.

Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back