Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report - trying to modify /format a field before displayed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janrussell

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2002
US
I am using a Data Report to display results from a stored procedure in MS SQL 7.0 - I am not using a data environment. There is a field where the values are duplicates (and are displayed in sequence, i.e., say the value "Joe" in that field is found in records 1-6, the value "Jane" might be in the next two, etc.). I would like to have the report display just spaces or something if the name field is the same as the previous. The stored procedure I use is complicated - it traverse up and down a heirarchy gathering info - and I'm afraid to mess with something that works! I believe I can reference that field in the data report, but not sure where and how to put code to do this. Can someone please help asap?

Hi

If you look in the design view of the report, you will see there is a property 'Hide Duplicates' which will do what you are trying to do Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back