Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report Fails to Return Rowsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweigs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
US
We created an application that use a Data Environment and a data report. The app seems to run fine until you load it on a terminal server.

When the data report opens a generic error message says failed to return rowset(s) for current data source. We have tried everything with no luck. Microsoft does not have anything about this in their KG.

Any ideas?

John Sweigart

What kind of data source are you using (e.g., Access, SQL Server, etc.) and how do you connect to it (e.g., ODBC, Jet, etc.)? Also, are you using ADO or DAO?

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

I am using a Data Environment with a OLE DB for SQL connection. I tried using an ODBC DSN but it does not work either.

It does act as though I am not making the connection to return the records. I believe the connection I am using would be consider and ADO.

I am rather new at VB and using the data report. I hope this answers your question.

John S

We decided to load another VB application on the TS which does about the same SQL calls and report printing. After loading this application my report now prints. Thanks to anyone who replied to my question.

It is always a great feeling after it finally works.

John S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back