Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report Designer - rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvjim

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to rotate the report from portrait to landscape in the report designer. I've looked through all the properties and can't find anything that'll allow me to do that and expand the report to fit onlegal paper in landscape mode. I can accomplish that with either Microsoft Word or Access but won't have either of those products available in all of my client sites.

Thanks in Advance

Download Service Pack 5 for VB then you can set at run time (before you show or print the report) MyReport.Orientation = rptOrientLandscape

Mangro

The orientation works, but how do you tell it to change the paper type to legal?

You have to set the default printer paper size via the Printing Preferences dialog before showing your report. I add a button that shows the printer folder, the command is

Shell ("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL PrintersFolder")

this gives quicker access to the printers. Bit of a pain, but I know of no other method in code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back