Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Report Designer and grouping results 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocasio

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
Hey Guys:

I'd like to use the ActiveX Datareport to generate a report from a recordset returned from a stored procedure. My sp returns an rs which includes as one of it's columns account number. I know how to have all of the data show up as detail items, but what I would like to do is have them grouped by the account number. If I add a group header, I revieve an error "Report sections do not match data source". If I just dump them all in the data section, it works fine. How do I get it so that I can group my report by the account number? Basically, I'm creating a statement report that will have one customer per page.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I wanted to use the Data Environment because it's easie to group items and create sub commands, but I can't get the commands I'm creating to show the fields that are returned from the sp....

Thanks again

jocasio

Zameer:

Thanks, but I've already looked at this. It really doesn't help with my situation. Unfortunately, the tutorial does not go into stored procedures and populating the command object with the resulting recordset. My main problem is that the command object does not show the resulting columns so I cannot use the example to create the grouping. I have to do this programmatically and that's where I'm lost.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks again

jocasio

Thanks Maya:

I actually found a tutorial using the Shape Object with great sample code. I am giving you a star for directing me an article on it.

And thanks to Zameer for assiting as well

Thanks again

jocasio

Jocasio, can you publish a link yto the tutorial, please?
Mira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back