Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Repeater and ActiveX Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmands

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
NZ
I have created an ActiveX control to be used in my Data Repeater which it does nicely. The problem I have is that the first record displayed in the data repeater does not respond to any of the events set up in the ActiveX Control while all other records displayed do?!?!?!? Any ideas....

I to found this problem (and a number of others with the Data Repeater Control). The short fix I am using is on form load, to move from the first record to the second (or any other) and back. This then frees up the control to respond to events. I would be interested to know if you find a better way of doing this.

Snowcrash

Thanks for your reply - good to know I'm not the only one with the problem. Tried your suggestion using the ActiveRow property and even that didn't work for me!

Finally figured out why this wasn't working properly! It was because I was trying to fire the events I had declared in my user control from the Data Repeater events instead. Discovered I had to write a class module in my user control which is then called from the form using the user control in the data repeater in order to access my user control events. Have a look in help under the topic "Exposing User Control Events of the Repeated Control" and follow the instructions given and hey! they actually work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back