Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data recovery 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDaveM

Vendor
Feb 12, 2002
US
A client started to format a hard drive, that was a slave in his system, had all his data backup on it. Saw that Win 98 was formatting the HD, stopped it after seeing 1% was completed. needs to recover the data. Is it to late?
Thanks,
Dave

Probaly. It probably already formated and remade the partition and master boot record. Though I may be mistaken on this one.

It is possible to recovery data even after Fdisk and Format. I personally use Easy Recovery Pro with great results. However if the hard disk was used extensively just before the formatting incident, then the recodered data could have some files corrupted, I still believe that 90% of it will be in a readable format and full integrity.
When I say used extensively I mean if the hard drive was used before the incident lots of files deleting, lots of rewriting, lots of defragging, that will make the recovery process much harder and will most probably result in an amount of corrupted data much more greater that 10%. Still woth a try, mind you data recovery is a very long process and cann not be stopped once started, good luck.

Great software apps, both of them. Thanks a lot for all the help.
Client save about 95% of his data!!!
Thanks again
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back