Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Data Recovery Software??

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksoprano

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
US
What is everyone using to recover lost and accidently deleted files from hard drives?? Also what are you using to recover critical files from damaged hard drives and other media??

Thanks

Quite a few of the techies on AT forums rely on R-Studio from R-Tools - . As long as the drive isn't mechanically broken it should be able to recover something. There is a free DL that will show you what it can recover before you pay... then there's always the old "frozen drive" trick...
.bh.

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Paine.

frozen drive trick: wrap drive tightly in plastic bag or Original Saran Wrap, place in freezer for 3-4 hours, take drive out and immediately hook up and try to recover data. Works sometimes when a chip on the controller board might be gimpy, believe it or don't. Or if you can find an identical drive, you can swap circuit boards for the same effect.
.bh.

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Paine.

I use Get Data Back by Runtime Software. It is comprehensive was able to recover about 80GB from a re-formatted drive for me. Excellent choice.

if it weren't for flashbacks I'd have no memory at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back