Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

data mismatch in my query

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeyhair

Technical User
Feb 22, 2001
GB
Hi

I'm new to access and am trying to write a query which will find repeated records in a field. The repeated records are intentional, as they are the physical locations of specific video cassettes which are housed between a number of offices. In the database, these locations are input in a form via a combo box which is linked to a table. When I try and write a query to select tapes in one particular location I get a data mismatch error message. I assume that the query is searching the primary index of the location table (an autonumber) but I have no idea if that is the case and if it is then how to make it search the actual values of the table and then return just the locations I specify in the criteria.

Any ideas please send them on a postcard, I'd be mighty grateful.

Make a copy for security of JUST THE QUERY. Then start deleting one QBE field at a time, till the thing quits hanging up.

JC
Johnstown, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back